Thursday, 7th May 2020
If you are self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been adversely affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) now is your turn to check if you can claim your SEISS grant.
Following our previous article which you can access HERE, HMRC have now released an online eligibility checker which enables you, the individual, to check if you qualify to claim the grant and then when you will be able to claim it once the application process goes live on 13th May 2020.
- a taxable grant of 80% of average monthly trading profits
- total grant is capped at £7,500
- payable in one instalment covering 3 months
- the grant is subject to income tax and self-employed national insurance
- trading profits must be no more than £50,000 and at least equal to non-trading income
- you must have traded in the tax year 2018 to 2019 and submitted your Self Assessment tax return on or before 23 April 2020 for that year
- you continued to trade in the tax year 2019 to 2020
- you intend to continue to trade in the tax year 2020 to 2021
- you carry on a trade which has been adversely affected by coronavirus
You will need
- Your UTR – Unique 10-digit tax reference
- National Insurance Number
Agents and Advisors
Unfortunately, accountants, tax agents or adviser cannot make the claim for you. You must make the claim yourself.
However, at Onyx we will support you and our clients through the claim process. As agents we can help to check if you are eligible to claim and can help to advise and provide the necessary information where needed particularly during the application process.
What if HMRC say that you are not eligible for the grant! We can explain why and what other funding options are available to you.
Are your accounts up to date for the current year? We can help with that too!
If you need any help or support then please contact us.
Visit our previous articles to access other funding options.
GET IN TOUCH WITH ONYX
If you have any queries, or want to discuss further, please give us a call us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a FREE no obligation consultation.